The Center for Creative Education is accepting artworks of any medium to be exhibited in the Sallie & Berton Korman Gallery at Center for Creative Education this coming February and March 2020. Deadline: January 12, 2020
American artists of all ages and talent levels are encouraged to apply.
This is an opportunity to express and highlight Black History and Culture through the many mediums of art. This exhibition will occur during Black History Month 2020 (February) and run through March 2020. A supporting theatrical performance of Black Wall Street will also be presented during that time in the Conrad N. Hilton Theater at CCE.
Examples of artworks to be submitted:
2D, 3D, Painting, Photography, Collage, Fiber Arts, Film, and more. CCE will ask that any 3D sculpture work use a pedestal provided by the Artist (CCE has a limited number of pedestals for 3D display).
How To Enter:
Artists may submit up to three (3) works of art for $20* (non-refundable). Fee covers processing, review, and gallery programming efforts as CCE is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.
MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE AT https://cceflorida.org/the-gallery/
Each submissions should include:
- A high-quality digital image in .jpeg or .pdf format at least 300dpi. No larger than 2MB
in size if emailing)
- Image Details: Title(s) of work, Medium, Size, Price (can be typed in the body of the
email or as a Word Document attachments)
- Artist Statement and Bio (can be typed in the body of the email or as a Word Document
- Artworks may not exceed more than 20 pounds if being hung. We will not hang works
that require wall anchors, screws, or complicated hanging system. Hanging artworks
must be able to hang with a traditional nail and/or wire hanger.
- No nudes or suggestive imagery. CCE is a children’s charity and welcome families with children of all ages.
DEADLINE – SUNDAY, JANUARY 12TH, 2020. Submissions can be sent to Jonathon Ortiz-Smykla at JonathonO@cceflorida.org OR:
Center for Creative Education
ATTN: Jonathon Ortiz-Smykla
425 24th Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
If Work(s) Are Accepted:
- Artists will be notified (by email) of acceptance no later than Friday, January 17th.
- Artists will be provided with an artist contract and inventory list to complete.
- Artworks will be for sale and CCE operates with a 60/40 sale split with the artists:
- 60% of the sale to the Artist (as well as a Charitable Tax Form for the artist)
- 40% of the sale to the charitable mission of CCE
Artwork accepted MUST be exhibition ready:
- Framed and Wired for Hanging
- 3D works in need of a pedestal may inquire about the use of CCE’s limited amount of pedestals on-site, but we encourage 3D pieces to be free standing or for the required pedestal to be provided by the artist.
- If artwork is digital, CCE must be able to preview the work. Large video files may be sent to JonathonO@cceflorida.org using online Large File Transfer sites. OR, a flash drive with the video file on it may be mailed to CCE.
- Any and all images of artwork submitted may be used at the discretion of CCE: marketing use, promotional use, print or digital in support of the exhibition.
Artists may deliver accepted works to CCE immediately after acceptance but no later than Friday, January 31, 2020. Exhibition will open to the public the first week of February 2020 with a reception to be announced at a later date.
Please note CCE’s operational hours: Monday through Thursday 9:00am to 8:00pm, Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm, Closed Saturday-Sunday.
For more content and event updates, check out the rest of our blogs!